The longest stay at a hotel for work: Kylin Villa in Shenzhen.
Arriving at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, my colleagues and myself boarded the mini-vans with our luggages. As I reclined into the comfortable seat, the mini-van made its way through the peak hour traffic on the highway and eventually entered a more remote district as we pulled further and further away from the city center.
About probably 35-45 minutes drive, we finally arrived at Villa 2 of Kylin Villa.
Quick Hotel Rating
Date of stay: December 2018
Accommodation Type: Twin Room on 2nd storey, Villa 2
Traveller type: Business
Overall Rating: 7.6/10
Room comfort and quality: 7/10
7.6 Comfortable Stay for A Work Trip
- Stayed in a villa with only event attendees and the organizers, which gave the feeling of exclusivity
- There were only 4 rooms on the 2nd storey where I was staying so privacy was a plus
- Housekeeping staff are meticulous as they even folded my clothes that I left on the bed!
- Sleep quality was excellent for me even though the bed felt a little damp, maybe I was just too exhausted. Clean sheets and firm bed
- Maybe because of the climate, the beds felt damp
- Soundproofing can be better; we can hear people talking loudly at the stairwell
- Housekeeping staff often forget to replace bathroom mats and refill toilet paper
Was told that this entire resort or hotel was previously used to host government officials hence it’s supposed to be a luxury accommodation. However, perhaps since it’s no longer used to serve its original purpose, it has now deteriorated into a lacklustre villa with a hint of its former glory.
It’s a comfortable stay for a work trip in Villa 2, but if it’s for vacation, I suggest you look around for other options.
You can find the above review on TripAdvisor.
Leave a Reply