The usual suspects, my partner and I, called Holiday Inn Express Tawan in Shenyang our home for 3 nights. Our warm and cozy hotel room to keep us safe from the biting cold outdoors! After all, we travelled from the hot and humid Singapore to the freezing and dry Shenyang in North China.
Quick Hotel Rating
Date of stay: November 2018
Accommodation Type: 2 Single Bed Superior Room
Traveller type: Business
Overall Rating: 9.8/10
Room comfort and quality: 10/10
9.8 Delightful Stay for A 4-Day Work Trip in the Winter
The first impression of the hotel wasn’t fantastic because I entered through the basement carpark. The hotel lobby was simple, nothing fancy, but definitely clean and minimal. Next was the room. It was welcoming, warm and clean. So not too bad at all.
After I finally stepped out of the hotel in the evening, dusk had already fallen. Standing in the biting cold, on a huge empty square in front of the hotel, my back facing the main road, the original impression I had was immediately replaced by a hotel that stood tall and magnificent with bright lights outlining the building and Holiday Inn Express lit up in neon.
- Room is clean, well-maintained and spacious
- The armchair with glass side table on top of a work “desk” and office roller chair is a bonus for 2 on a work trip. No need to fight for a space to work, we each had our own space.
- Beds are comfortable, with 2 pillows labelled something like: firm and soft respectively.
- Bathroom door is such a smart unique design; it’s a 2-use frosted glass door. Either used to divide the entire bathroom from the room itself or divide the shower from the bathroom sink & toilet bowl area. So 1 person can be using the shower with privacy while the other can use the other part of the bathroom.
- For an “express” hotel, Holiday Inn Express doesn’t skimp on breakfast. A wide array of food options, mainly Chinese cuisine, given it locale.
- There’s a really delightful Chinese restaurant to the right of the hotel, bakery, convenience mart and other shops. The location is great.
- The corridor and elevator reeked of cigarettes.
- There isn’t a mini fridge. Would have be great to have one to store our yoghurt drink etc.
The stay was exceptional for a simple business hotel. Service was impeccable, the concierge, restaurant and the cleaning staff that I came in contact with. I would love to come back again!
You can find the above review on Tripadvisor.