More than a luxury hotel, it’s like paradise tucked away from the madness in Bali.
Date of stay: September 2018
Accommodation Type: Luxury Twin Room
Traveller type: Business
Overall Rating: 9.4/10
Room comfort and quality: 10/10
9.4 Indulgence for a business traveller
Would love to come back for a beach getaway tucked in a quiet part of Bali, with a private beach with pristine waters.
- Clean, quiet and comfortable; what else should you expect from a 5-Star resort?
- I was treated to a massage session at the Sofitel Spa, and the staff were attentive, friendly and not-at-all pushy with sales. The experience was 6-Star! The ambience was very zen-like, welcoming and soothing. I felt so relaxed the whole time I was there.
- Extending from the main lobby of the resort was a beautiful runway-like water feature or pond with a couple of mini-fountains; it was so beautiful and calming you can sit there the entire day watching the skies and the water while sipping a drink from the bar.
- Loved the breakfast; vast selection even for a vegetarian like me!
- The room was an oasis after a long day of talks (there on business); the room was clean, airy and bright. Stylish and furnished with a comfortable sofa, a small dining table and 2 chairs that blended in perfectly with the space. The bed was soft but firm, perfect for the weary body after a long day out.
- The bathroom felt like it needed some renewal and extra spring-cleaning; maybe the wood needed a fresh lacquer to cover its aging. After all the resort is near the beach which could have contributed to the slow decay of any wood furnishing.
- Service staff weren’t exactly enthusiastic or responsive; felt like they were just trying to get their job done.
- Since I was there on business, the staff weren’t responsive and quick enough during our event setup. Would have been great if they did their best to service the event. But if you’re not going there for business, it would been a perfect 5-Star beach getaway.
- It’s great there’s on-going renovations which mean that they were upgrading the resort, but it would have been better if they installed signages to inform guests of on-going works and alternative routes — we ended up getting lost because we weren’t familiar with our way around the resort.
5-Star Resort, 5-Star Massage, 5-Star Ambience, 5-Star Breakfast, 5-Star Sleep.
You can find the above review on TripAdvisor.