Sentosa Hotel Apartment Taoyuan may be in Shenzhen but it feels so close to home. Why?
Because Sentosa is an island in Singapore! Well, sure, it's frequented mostly by tourists than locals, but that iconic Merlion statue is certainly a symbol of Singapore.
So sure, the hotel already won me over because of its name. But no way am I going to be completely biased just because of that.
Quick Hotel Rating
Date of stay: December 2018
Accommodation Type: Deluxe Twin Room
Traveller type: Business
Overall Rating: 9.2/10
Room comfort and quality: 10/10
9.2 An “Extra Spacious Room” so comfortable that makes you want to come back again!
- We stayed in a Deluxe Twin Room that was really spacious. Came with a kitchen, and a walk-in wardrobe that was linked to the extra spacious bathroom.
- The extra armchairs in front of the beds were a delight once we entered the room, where we can just drop our tired bodies and sink into it for a bit.
- The room was very new and clean, and the beds were very welcoming and comfortable.
- A big room means 2 people can have ample space to lay out our luggages without having to trip over anything!
- A spacious bathroom that separates the sink & toilet bowl from the shower and yes a big bathtub!
- So much to choose from at the breakfast buffet!
- 7-Eleven was right next to the hotel lobby, which gives added convenience if you ever need to buy some drinks, snacks etc.
- Easy to get on and off cars that stop right outside the hotel.
- The kitchen was poorly lit, would have been better if there’s brighter lights in the room in general.
- Despite staying on a non-smoking floor, the corridor still reeked of cigarettes; most likely from inconsiderate hotel guests who simply didn’t care.
- Maybe because this was a local business hotel, there were many rowdy Chinese (mostly males), some drunk, talking loudly at the hotel lobby.
All in all, despite minor cons, we were very happy with our stay and actually hope to come back again!
You can find the above review on TripAdvisor.
Leave a Reply