[Starting a Successful Blog] Lesson 16
How did blog post #2 go?
Don't worry if it's not perfect. It's not supposed to be.
Wait. What do you mean by it's not supposed to be perfect?
Most people, myself included, are often stuck in our heads. What do I mean by that? We sit on our ideas, think through it for days and nothing gets done.
So the purpose of your first 5 blog posts is really getting into production mode. Don't let your mind trick you into paralysis by analysis.
Just do it!
So go ahead and complete blog post #2! And you know what, get your ass cracking on blog post #3.
Let's do a refresher of a blog post structure:
- Attention-grabbing headline
- Short introduction
- Para 1 - Subheading
- Why should your reader care about this blog post?
- Optional: Outline of what they can expect with a brief introduction of the 3-5 key points in your blog post
- Para 2 - Subheading of Point 1
- Elaborate point 1
- Para 3 - Subheading of Point 2
- Elaborate point 2
- Para 4 - Subheading of Point 3
- Elaborate point 3
- Tie it back to para 1 after introduction. Drive home the core message why your reader should care.
- End with a Call-to-Action
- Either get your reader to read your next blog post, or encourage them to share with you their thoughts and comments about what you've written.
Now go pull out that list of blog post ideas from lesson 6 again and hit the ground running.
Why am I emphasising so much on creating your blog posts?
Because most people will just breeze through guides like this and not take action.
The only way you will ever have a successful blog is to have good quality blog posts in it.
The more you persist, the more you breakthrough.
Mastery is through action, not through sitting on your ass and waiting for things to get done.
I don't know how else to put it, but the only way for you to learn something is to actually do it. REPEATEDLY. The more you act on it, the path of resistance transforms. Why? It gets easier and easier each time you do it. You are getting the hang of it.
And that's the reason why during this part of the course, most people will fall off the track.
They find excuses. They give up.
The only way to succeed in anything is by sticking to your commitments and taking action.
YOU CAN DO IT!