[Starting a Successful Blog] Lesson 13
Hope you are having a blast today! If not, fret not. Because we are progressing well with your blog creation!
Today, we're going to make it easy for your readers to get in touch with you!
And get your pages set up:
- Contact Page
- About Page
- Services Page
Setting Up A Contact Form & A Contact Page
Why do you need to set up a contact form & a contact page? Well if it isn't obvious by now, if you want to have a blog, it means that you will be putting up some interesting content and expecting readers... And if you have readers, expect them to get in touch with you.
In this section, you will first create a contact form, followed by creating a contact page where you can embed the form.
So let's get down to it.
FIGURE 1. Add New Contact Form
TO-DO: Click on "Contact" and then "Add New"
As you can see, any existing contact forms will appear like blog posts. But rest assured that your contact forms won't be seen by your reader until you embed in on a page and publish it.
FIGURE 2. Customize Contact Form
After the previous step, you will see a new contact page with default fields. You can choose to customize your form or you can refer to The Write Motive's contact form below.
FIGURE 3. The Write Motive Contact Form Example
This is The Write Motive's contact form, which you can copy & paste over the default fields. Instead of the subjects such as "General Enquiry" etc, you can simply change it to something else like "Shipping & Delivery" or anything else.
FIGURE 4. Naming & Saving New Contact Form
So you've decided what you want for the fields of your contact form.
- Name your contact form.
- Save your contact form.
- Copy the shortcode below the name of your contact form by clicking on it. You need it to embed onto your Contact Page.
FIGURE 5. Add New Page
Now you have your Contact Form ready, all you have to do is to embed (copy & paste) it on your Contact Page.
TO-DO: Click on "Pages" and click "Add New"
FIGURE 6. Name & Publish Page
- Name your Contact Form how you want it to appear to your readers on your website.
- Check the permalink.
- Paste the shortcode you copied earlier into the text box.
- Publish your contact form by clicking "Publish.'
About Page & Services Page
Referring to Figures 5 & 6, for example, starting with your About Page,
- Click on "Pages" and click "Add New"
- Name your page, "About" or how you want it to appear to your readers on your website.
- Check the permalink.
- Copy and paste what you have prepared for your About page. You can bold the key headlines & sub-headlines. Use italics, and more space breaks in between paragraphs. Also you can insert your photos by dragging and dropping it into the text area. Check everything's alright.
- Publish your page by clicking "Publish.'
Repeat for "Services" Page.
And that's it! Give yourself a pat on the back. You're all set for the next lesson.