Deliberate Practice for Fiction Writing V2: When V1 Strategy Doesn’t Work Out, Pivot. Simply put, Version 1, or V1: Deliberate Practice Strategy for Fiction Writing – The Write Motive failed. Which also explains why there’s only one post for George Orwell’s 1984.
What’s V2 then?
Deliberate Practice for Fiction Writing V2 Strategy
#1 DAILY PROGRESS
1) Read book chapter by chapter: Apply 1 of 50 writing tools each week
2) Pick out phrases, sentences or paragraphs to emulate
#2 DAILY PROGRESS: END OF EVERY READING SESSION
1) Write paragraphs or a chapter to emulate (not imitate or copy)
#3 END OF EACH BOOK
1) Present story framework using Fabula Storytelling cards
1.1 Hero’s journey
1.2 Order of Events
2) Blog my insights and key takeaways from this learning experience
*Be flexible, switch between this & learning from MasterClass.